We are currently looking for remote freelance editorial personnel to support our Author Services Team, which comprises in-house staff in our Fukuoka office as well as team members in Tokyo and Beijing. We offer flexible working hours, a paid and structured training plan as well as support in working remotely.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assigning tasks to freelance experts by field of expertise, job type and availability
- Checking assignment communications are concise and accurate
- Raising any issues identified in assignments with other teams as appropriate
- Communicating with China- and Japan-based customer service teams to resolve issues
- Contacting freelance experts to confirm assignments
- Scheduling and conducting reviews of work prepared by freelance experts to ensure compliance with Edanz quality standards
- Providing feedback to freelance experts
- Assisting in any other editorial team-related activities as necessary
The team member will be expected to:
- Work on their own initiative to resolve issues independently
- Plan and manage their time effectively and efficiently
- Develop knowledge of relevant policies and procedures
- Develop proficiency in the systems required to deliver author support services
- Experience in scholarly publishing and research
- Ability to analyze textual and numerical information accurately
- Excellent communication skills, ability to coordinate with internal and external personnel
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in an international environment
- Ability to balance competing priorities and make judgement calls based on information from different sources
- Good organizational and time-management skills working across time zones
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn new software and systems
Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of full-time related work experience (copy editing research papers or editorial support in a scholarly publishing organisation)
MSc or higher qualification prior to February 2020 or equivalent
As part of the M3 group, Edanz is focused on delivering high-quality scientific and biomedical manuscript publication and specialized research support services. Edanz provides scientific and language author services, manuscript development, gap and situational analyses, strategic publication plans, protocol design, and educational tools and solutions to individual researchers as well as pharmaceutical and healthcare companies.
Please apply by sending your most recent CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application for Freelance Editorial Support Role’ in the subject title.
Be sure to include contact information for at least two professional references who are familiar with your work and can be contacted via email; applications without professional references will not be considered.
Please understand that, owing to the large number of applications, unsuccessful applicants may not receive a response.